- Note: this blog is not maintained since 2014. Please reach me using LinkedIn instead.
I am Venu Anuganti, DATA and analytics person at heart and a serial entrepreneur with 3 startups. This is a personal blog on random things that happen day-to-day at work and personal life.
I was an early employee of MySQL and later part of other database systems as database kernel developer. Worked as database geek at Yahoo! as well. Contributed to many open source data technologies.
Later, started a database consulting company called ScaleIN in 2008; since then supported various companies (over 200+ and majority from the fortune-500) to solve their database, analytics, BI, data warehousing and architecture needs. Also, played tech, analytics and cloud advisory role for startups.
Started another real-time streaming analytics company and exited within its first year of inception. Currently working on a new startup PATHANALYTICS.ai – a multi-channel e-commerce and retail analytics.
Also, started investing in various startups (over 40+) since 2012 as seed investor.
- SQL | MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server and cloud SQL
- NoSQL | Redis, Riak, Memcache, MongoDB, Neo4J, DynamoDB, SimpleDB, VoldeMort, Tokyo Cabinet, Cassandra
- Hadoop | HDFS, Map-reduce, Hive, HBase, Impala, PIG, Zookeeper
- Log processing | Flume, Scribe, Honu, Chukwa, Splunk, Loggly
- Data Analytics | Vertica, SAP Hana, Green Plum, Impala, HP HAVEn, Redshift, Big Query, Snowflake
- Tools, ETL | Sqoop, Oozie, Esper, Kafka, Kinesis
- Data Science | Mahout, R, Tensor Flow, Numpy, Panda and cloud based AI/NLP stack
- Search | Solr, elasticsearch
Contributed to open-source technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hive, PIG, HBase, Spark, unixODBC and iODBC.
If you need any help or have any question, please drop me a note or send an email to venu at venublog dot com.