I am Venu Anuganti. This is a personal blog on random things that happens day-to-day at work and personal life.
What am doing now, and what can I do for you ?
Since last few years, helping in building data architecture for various companies like Zynga, Groupon, Microsoft, StumbleUpon, Yahoo, Current TV, Marin Software, Rubicon Project, Loyal3, Velti, Callidus Cloud, etc in building high performance, high scale, and high redundancy data architecture using SQL, NoSQL and Bigdata solutions for OLTP, OLAP, Data Analytics and Data warehouse solution. For more information, check http://scalein.com/
Working as Data Architect/Database server internals engineer/Sr Database Administrator/DBA/Lead Performance Engineer/Lead Scalability Engineer/Product Architect/Research fellow; who can design, implement, optimize and scale any leading SQL database systems (like MySQL etc) or NoSQL Systems (like Cassandra, hbase etc) for both OLTP and OLAP (data warehouse) workloads.
- Research and help to build next level data warehouse, data analytics, big data and OLAP solution
- Database Administration of MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, HBase and Vertica
- Database server internals, kernel engineer
- Performance Optimization
- Schema design and review
- Database tuning and optimization
- High Availability
- Backups and disaster recovery
- Capacity Planning
- Cloud computing and hands on experience to work on any cloud infrastructure
- Building distributed (cloud) infrastructure
- Active open source contributor
- Data Analytics
- Data Warehouse, ETL design and implementation
- Evaluation and recommendation of data store and related technologies
- In-depth understanding of MySQL internals
- In-depth understanding of system internals and kernel tuning
- Familiar with most NoSQL systems
- Design, implement and scale database servers for large transactions both in terms of OLTP and OLAP (ranges from 200G to 42T and 1-10000+ servers)
- Architecture of whole application tier to sustain the load and keep systems scale linearly as demanded by front-end applications
- Anything that deals with “Data” and keep systems up and running 24/7
In case if you need any help related to what data store technology to use or on any help on optimizing and scaling existing systems, please drop me a note or email me at venu at venublog dot com and I will be more than happy to help.
I am in the relational database, RDBMS field since 1998 as a Database Internals, Kernel, Drivers (ODBC/JDBC/.NET), Client Server Protocols and Application developer and all my early companies are direct RDBMS vendors like:
- SOLID Information technology (www.solidtech.com, 1998-2000) – Software Engineer
- MySQL (www.mysql.com, 2001-2004) – Database Engineer
- Certive, Cloud9 Analytics (http://www.cloud9analytics.com/, contractor part-time) – Database Engineer
- ANTs Software Inc (www.ants.com, 2004-2007) – Database Kernel Engineer
- Yahoo! Inc (www.yahoo.com, 2007-2008) – Database Platform Geek
- ADVIKSOFT Inc, ScaleIn (http://scalein.com, 2008 – current) – Founder & chief data architect
Recently I changed my job track from database kernel development to database front end as database geek or architect or DBA, which involves in building and re-designing the scalable cloud infrastructure to individual companies.
So far, involved in 4 database servers kernel development, 5 ODBC Drivers, 2 JDBC Drivers and couple of native C/C++ interfaces and a .NET provider. I also one of the initial contributor of unixODBC. Has complete hands on experience from database client-servers development along with application end ( C, C++, ODBC, JDBC, Java, .NET, PHP and SQL).
I was one of the early developer of MySQL (2001 to 2004). MySQL 4.0 and 4.1 had my contribution to-wards the server and clients, the features like warnings, prepared statement execution, new compressed binary protocol, multi-query execution and many more SQL features are designed and implemented. I also re-wrote the complete Connector/ODBC 3.51 along with design and implementation of MySQL C API extensions with new compressed binary protocol in 4.1 which deals with prepared statement execution.
The following search results can give some more insight:
MSN Live Search
So far, my whole career is database internals, client-server development on HOW TO IMPLEMENT SQL; and now I will be EXPLORING DATABASES to scale to further heights.