- I already have Visual Studio 2005 Professional edition installed.
- Installed cmake
- I also installed Windows Bison port, even though am not sure if I will change the parser code.
- Extracted the source files to a directory
- Ran win/configure WITH_INNOBASE_STORAGE_ENGINE from the top directory
- Once the configure completed; executed win\build-vs8.bat; which generated the project workspaces (sln and vcproj) without any problems.
Once I have the MySQL.sln project workspace file; loaded with Vistual Studio 2005 and started the debug build by making mysqld as the startup project. The build completed without any errors.
I started the mysqld debug server under debugger; and when I tried to connect and/or execute any query to this server; the server generates the error Run-Time Check Failure #3 – The variable ‘MYSQLlVal’ is being used without being initialized. I did not wanted to change the source code; so found a solution to turn off this run time checks by going to project settings -> mysqld properties -> Configuration properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation and changed the Basic Runtime Checks value to “Stack Frames (/RTCs)” from “Both (/RTC1, equv. to /RTCsu)”. Once this this value is changed and did a complete rebuild of the mysqld project workspace; and the resulted debug server did not popup anymore runtime errors.