Today, I just had a chance to preview the new Beta Yahoo! web messenger, which is yet to release to public. At first glance, no doubt it will rock in coming days as this is the next generation application; Kudos to the team who is working hard on this.
The major positive points of this new web based messenger is:
- Web interface, and its portable. You can use it any where in the world as long as there is a internet with a decent browser.
- Slick design
- Support for both Yahoo! and Windows Live contacts
- Online history of all the conversations
- Complete contact view that you see in your regular messenger based on groups, sorting on top of it either by name. You can also view only online contacts.
- Search capabilities on Contacts and History, which is a great handy feature for people who needs to dig something back in the history.
These are the features that I wish to have:
- Support of multiple themes
- Customization to allow different font size, type and color
- Support for conference or group chat
- Contact aliasing and alias chat
- Wap or mobile browsers support
- Easy file transfer mechanism
- Highlighting a message based on filtering
- Option to save conversation or history to local file
- Options to enable or disable notifications (regular message or audio) for a new message or based on a filter on a perticular word (like irc/mirc does)
- E-mail, Calender etc notification
Here is the few screen shots:
|Welcome Signin Screen:
|Logged In Screen: