Yesterday I received my new Cingular 8125 windows mobile phone as a replacement to anothe one which I had since few weeks. The old one used to hang randomly after the phone call is done; and at times; the touch screen suddenly stops functioning . So, after calling the warrenty department, they sent a new replacement.
I used the builtin WIFI to connect to internet as I do not have the data plan yet from Cingular. I installed the following free applications to play with it as I got 2GB mini-SD card as the storage card and plenty of space left.
Few things that I did not like in 8125; am not sure if they were rectified in 8525 which is released few months back:
- By default the WIFI is not enabled; and when you do soft reboot; its get disabled. I could not find a way to make it auto start along with Windows. May be they disabled it becuase of battery life; but should have left with an option for end-user.
- The screen some-times is annoy; and it never responds.
- Overall the speed of the system when loading apps is not that great. May be I need to get adjusted.
- I could not find a way to associate file types to open with certain applications.
- I am not able to reach the contacts directly as in case of regular phones; either I have to use stylus or pull the keyboard. Currently I am managing with voice dials for frequent callers.