Today was my first day at Yahoo! and it was totally exciting and fun. Its all day orientation for all new hires and it was done at Building D in Sunnyvale office. Here is the list of items covered as part of orientation:
- Submitting of All Paper Work to HR department
- All About Yahoo!, and its future by PR
- Work Life At Yahoo! by Talent Development Team
- Health Care Benefits, 401K etc
- PayRoll info
- Lunch with Managers (Ryan and Andrew were there)
- Yahoo! Back Yard and all employee related perks
- Security, getting access to Yahoo!
- What Made To Join Yahoo! and many more that I can not recollect all at once.
I also got my security badge during the lunch break along with Free Yahoo! backpack. After the orientation is done, I visited my cubicle which is located in building E and nothing is ready yet. Ryan told me that I can expect a laptop and Linux desktop by tomorrow. And surprise is, am getting 24″ HP LCD monitor.
Tomorrow will also be a busy day due to some more classes related to development related things. More follows later …