Thought of sharing the new misc bugs that I observed lately with the Internet Explorer 7.
- This is something that everyone might have noticed it. The screen flickers when you wanted to write/edit anything from Channel9 using IE7 on VISTA. But the same IE7 on XP works great.
In case if you wanted to see the bug in action, check this AVI video, 1.5 MB as I could not capture a screen shot image.
- In Vista, When I go to Full screen mode in IE 7, and when I come out of full-screen mode by pressing F11, after it came to the normal mode, I don’t see the address bar any more. But again this works fine on XP.
Check the following screen shot or the AVI video of 2.3 MB in action for the bug.
- Even though this is not a bug, in the same full-screen mode, when you move the cursor to the top, it does not display any menu. Means you must know the keyboard shortcut (F11) to come out of the full-screen mode or you need to click on the tiny full-screen icon at the top right most corner after MSN search.
- I observed a misc lines pattern when browsing a particular page from Microsoft. The IE 7 displays some garbage lines when I scrolled down or up using the mouse button. The page that caused the problem is this page from Microsoft. This also happens only on VISTA, but not from XP.
Here is the screen shot for the bug.
- Another bug that has been already posted on this blog is when installing IE Developer toolbar on IE7/Vista.
Also, in an un-related topic, when using Aero theme on Vista, and as the top bar for any window dialogs has the trasparent behavior, in the screen capture of the same dialog (alt + print screen) wouldn’t have the title bar at all. Check this screen shot where in we can see that the header bar (Automatic Updates in this case) is not captured. I think it happens for most of the windows which has transparent background for the Window title, for example Control Panel Dialog. I am using BETA1, build 5112. But I dont see this transparent behavior on another system that I have. The trans behaviour seems to be based on Display adapter (One which does not have transparent behavior has Intel 910GL where as it does on ATI FireGL 3100, and I assume due to Aero Glass effect)